Wednesday 30 November 2011

Inflamed Wimp Glands

This week I've done nothing. Well that's not strictly true since I did manage to clean up the workshop, but I've not been able to make any progress on the geared facile. I had rather hoped to be able to work on the wooden patterns this week but my ribs said otherwise. In true man flu tradition, I have hurty ribs.

Doctor, doctor it hurts when I do this
Well don't do it then, stupid boy. etc...

Apparently I have two cracked ribs that will take 4-6 weeks to weld. I suspect that Mr. Middleton's bike was the initial cause and then the act of Dog last week compounded the problem. Either way, I can't use hand tools at the moment even though I have some fantastic pills to take the pain away. Being a road cyclist, or 'stiffback' as my kindly brother Sam refers to me, I'm still able to ride a little. Indeed, not being in the workshop means I've ridden 700km in the last two weeks so I'm getting this much sympathy from my wife.

Normal service should be resumed next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment